With the summer heat in full swing, we all need a refreshing treat to cool down. There’s nothing quite like a delicious smoothie to do the job. For people on a diet or with lactose intolerance, finding a smoothie recipe that fits their needs can be challenging. Is there any hope for a delicious and healthy smoothie without yogurt or milk?
The answer is yes! Our frozen berry smoothie recipe is quick, easy, and dairy-free. This recipe is packed with antioxidants and vitamins, making it a great choice for a healthy snack or breakfast. And the best part is, you just need to blend and enjoy – no lengthy process or cooking. Let’s get started.
1 Cup Of Frozen Mixed Berries: Pick your favorite berries or a mix. We love using raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Ensure that the berries are frozen solid before adding them to the blender. This will create a smooth, thick texture for your smoothie.
1 Banana: We recommend using a ripe banana for this delicious smoothie recipe, as it will make your smoothie sweeter and creamier. Also, cut your banana into smaller pieces before adding it to the blender. This will make it easier for the blender to break down the fruit.
1 Cup Of Unsweetened Almond Milk: You can use any type of milk for this recipe, but we love almond milk as it’s a great source of healthy fats and nutrients. You can also use coconut or soy milk if you don’t have almond milk.
1 Tablespoon Of Honey: This is optional, but we like to add a tablespoon of honey to our smoothies for a little sweetness. If you’re watching your sugar intake, feel free to omit the honey or replace it with a sugar-free sweetener like stevia.
1 Teaspoon Of Vanilla Extract: This is also optional, but we love the flavor that vanilla extract adds to smoothies. Also, make sure to use pure vanilla extract and not imitation vanilla extract.
Subscribe to our Blog!
Get all the latest articles, News and product recommendations sent straight to your email inbox
Protein Powder (Optional): You can add a scoop of protein powder to your smoothie for an extra protein boost. This is optional but a great way to fuel your body after a workout or big meeting.
Half Cup Coconut Cream (Optional): This is optional, but we love the rich texture and flavor coconut cream adds to smoothies. You can also use full-fat coconut milk if you don’t have coconut cream. It’ll add more liquid to your smoothie, but it’ll still be delicious.
Here are some quick and easy directions for making a delicious frozen berry smoothie without yogurt or milk.
For Fresh Berries: If you’re using fresh berries, wash them thoroughly before adding them to the blender. We also recommend removing the stems from the berries as they can make your smoothie bitter. Cover in plastic and store in the freezer until solid.
Add Ingredients To Blender: Add all your ingredients into a high-powered blender. Make sure to keep the quantity of liquid (milk, cream, or water) to a minimum, as too much liquid will make your smoothie runny. Don’t forget to add a scoop of protein powder if you’re using it.
Blend On High: Start on low speed and gradually increase to high. Blend until the smoothie is thick and creamy. If your smoothie is too thick, add more liquid a little bit at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
Enjoy: Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately. If you have any leftovers, store them in a covered container in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Other Tips To Follow
- You can use a food processor or a regular blender if you don’t have a high-powered blender. However, you may need to add more liquid to get the desired consistency.
- Add more honey or a ripe banana if you want a sweeter smoothie.
- Add ice to your smoothie if you want a colder drink. Just make sure to add it gradually and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- You can use fresh fruit if you don’t have any frozen fruit on hand. Just make sure to add a handful of ice cubes to the blender to get that cold texture.
- Don’t like bananas? You can completely omit them from the recipe or replace them with another type of fruit like frozen mango, pineapple, or peach.
- Add a scoop of nut butter to boost protein and healthy fats. We love using almond butter or peanut butter in our smoothies.
Get creative and experiment with different flavor combinations. The possibilities are endless for this dairy-free smoothie recipe.
Health Benefits Of Unsweetened Almond Milk
We’ve used unsweetened almond milk for this particular recipe, but you can use any type of milk you like (e.g., coconut milk). Almond milk is usually best in combination with frozen berries, along with other benefits, including:
- It is a healthy alternative to traditional cow’s milk and is lactose-free, making it a good choice for those who are intolerant or allergic to dairy products.
- With just 1 gram of net carbs per cup, almond milk is the perfect sugar-free choice for low-carb smoothies. Unlike regular milk or yogurt, which can spike blood sugar levels, almond milk won’t affect ketosis.
- The natural sugar from lactose in other dairy products can keep you out of ketosis, but almond milk is a safe and delicious alternative.
- Also, with a bland flavor, it is a good thing to be able to taste the smoothie fully. Additionally, at only 40 calories per cup, this makes for a healthy treat.
- Additionally, almond milk is a good source of vitamin E, an important antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage. It also contains bone-building minerals like calcium and phosphorus.
So, unsweetened almond milk is not only a delicious and healthy choice for your smoothie but also has some great health benefits. Give it a try in your smoothie, and you’ll love the taste of dairy-free milk.
Following the recipe to make a frozen berry smoothie without yogurt or milk is quick and easy. The whole family can enjoy this delicious summer drink. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a refreshing treat that is perfect for any occasion.
Whether looking for a healthy snack or a refreshing beverage, this dairy-free berry smoothie is a great choice. It is also perfect for those who are lactose intolerant or have milk allergies. So, don’t hesitate to give it a try!