Searing a steak is the traditional way to cook it, but sometimes you don’t want to deal with the mess and hassle. If you’re looking for an alternative way to cook steak, try cooking it in the oven without searing. This method is easy with few steps and produces delicious results.
We’ll also provide some tips on how to make sure your steak turns out juicy and flavorful. So if you’re ready to learn how to cook a delicious steak in the oven, read on!
1. Preheat The Oven
Preheat the oven to the desired temperature. The higher the temperature, the faster the steak will cook. But the optimum temperature in this regard is 400F. Also, while preheating, place the oven rack in the middle position.
2. Put Steak On Foil
Take a piece of aluminum foil and place the steak on it. The foil will prevent sticking and also make for easy cleanup.
3. Use Paper Towel For Patting
Use a paper towel to pat the steak dry. This is an essential step as it will help later on. You can skip it in the case of thinner steaks.
Subscribe to our Blog!
Get all the latest articles, News and product recommendations sent straight to your email inbox
4. Season With Oil And Spices
Generously season both sides of the steak with oil and your desired spices. You can use salt, pepper, garlic powder, or any other spice mix that you like depending on steak recipes.
5. Put In Oven
Place the steak in the preheated oven on the foil-lined sheet. Also, make sure that the oven is in the broil setting.
6. Flip After Some Time
After a few minutes, flip the steak over so that the other side can cook evenly.
7. Remove When Cooked
Remove the steak from the oven when cooked to your desired level of doneness. The time required for this will vary depending on the thickness of the steak and your chosen temperature. For rare steak, remove it at 120-125F, for medium-rare – 130-135F, for medium – 140-145F and for well done – 150-155F. Allow it to rest for a few minutes before serving and slicing.
And there you go! You have now learned how to cook steak in the oven without searing. It is quick and easy, and the result is a delicious, perfectly cooked piece of steak. Enjoy!
Other Tips To Follow
Some other tips to follow when cooking steak in the oven without searing include using a wire rack to ensure even cooking, trimming off any excess fat, and seasoning the meat with salt and pepper.
- Additionally, it’s important not to overcook the steak or become dry and tough. A good rule of thumb is to cook the steak for about 10-12 minutes for medium-rare doneness.
- Avoid overcrowding, or you will end up steaming the steak rather than searing it.
- Make sure to preheat before adding the steak otherwise. You will not get the desired results.
- If your oven is not large enough to accommodate the steak, you can also brown it on all sides in a separate cast iron skillet and transfer it to the range. You can also use a cast iron pan and achieve the desired doneness to get a perfect steak.
- If your steak is particularly thick like filet mignon, you may need to increase the cooking time.
- Do not tent the steak with aluminum foil while cooking, or it will not get a good crust. You can simply put the steak on it.
- The best way to tell if your steak is cooked to your liking is to use a meat thermometer.
- Let the steak rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing into it so that the juices redistribute evenly.
With these simple tips, you’ll be able to cook a delicious and juicy steak in your oven without having to hassle with a searing pan. So next time you’re craving a steak dinner but don’t want to go through the trouble of standing over a hot stove, give this method a try. You won’t be disappointed.
1. How Do I Cook Steak In The Oven Without Searing?
There are several ways to cook steak in the oven without searing. One way is to preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and roast the steak for 8-10 minutes. Another way is to place the steak on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
2. Why Is It Essential To Sear A Steak Before Cooking It In The Oven?
Searing a steak before cooking it in the oven helps seal in the juices and produce a more flavorful and tender steak.
3. What Are Some Benefits Of Cooking A Steak In The Oven Without Searing?
Cooking a steak in the oven without searing can be a great way to save time and produce a delicious and juicy steak.
4. How Can I Prevent My Steak From Becoming Dried Out Or Overcooked When Cooking It In The Oven Without Searing?
To prevent your steak from becoming dried out or overcooked when cooking it in the oven without searing, be sure to cook it for the correct amount of time and use a meat thermometer to check its temperature.
5. Can I Still Achieve A Crispy Crust On My Steak When Cooking It In The Oven Without Searing?
Yes, you can still achieve a crispy crust on your steak when cooking it in the oven without searing. One way to do this is by using a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. This will help to circulate the heat and produce a crispy crust.
6. What Are Some Of The Best Tips For Cooking Steak In The Oven Without Searing?
The best tips for cooking steak in the oven without searing are to preheat your oven to the correct temperature, use a meat thermometer to check the temperature, and cook for the correct amount of time.
So, there you have it. Your complete guide on how to cook steak in the oven without searing. This is a great option if you want to save time or don’t have access to a stovetop. Just be sure to follow our tips for ensuring your steak comes out perfectly cooked every time. Enjoy!